Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Taco Seasoning

So, I was making this yummy taco filling in the crock pot and I realized I didn't have any taco seasoning. Not a big deal if you live near a store, but we live about 30 minutes away from town. I did some searching and found a recipe for homemade taco seasoning on cooks.com. We've tried it before when we were out of the packaged kind, so I'm hoping it satisfies us this time around too.

Here's the recipe:

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

1 TBSP Chili Powder
2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. each: Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Powdered Oregano (we used regular dried Oregano), and Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Makes 3 Tablespoons of seasoning mix, which is equal in strength to a 1/4 ounce package of commercial seasoning mix.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Did you like the crock pot filling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing about your taco seasoning is that it isn't filled with preservatives, like some of the store bought packages. I bet your dinner was very good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was yummy, Heidi! And I'm not usually a fan of refried beans. And yes, Jeannie....our dinner was excellent!

    ReplyDelete